Alpa Cotton is a blown yarn, and therefore very light and impalpable. Fine alpaca fibers are blown inside a cage made from mako cotton, Egyptian cotton with very long fibers, not dyed.
It is a yarn entirely produced in Italy, respecting the environment and the animal.
Miguel, Vilma, Pablo, and Carmen variants are colored by nature.
The cotton cage is not dyed and the alpaca fibers are also free of dyes. The color shades are obtained by selecting and mixing the different shades of alpaca wool, which does not undergo any treatment other than washing.
This is not only a stylistic choice, but above all an ethical and ecological one, because by avoiding the dyeing process, considerable quantities of water and electricity are saved.
Touching it you will fall in love with its softness and warmth!
Do you want to find out which color is best for you, according to Colour Analyisis?
Works well with: all knitting stitches.
- Gauge Knitting: 10×10 cm = 17 stitches x 20 rows (Needles 5 mm / 8 US – Stocking Stitch)
- Recommended needles size: 4 – 5 mm / 6 – 8 US
- Recommended hook size: 4 mm / G6 US
- Composition: 51% Fine Alpaca – 49% Mako Cotton
- Unit Weight: 50 gr (165 mt / 180,45 yd)