Christmas is approaching, and the decorations to adorn our home are never enough! For you a Free Pattern, to create a Christmas crochet decoration: a cute stuffed tree, designed by Lily of @Knothing_Usual (do you remember? Lily had also written a pattern for us to make a crochet bag! – you can find it in this post – and a short tutorial to make a “grandma’s tile”).
What do you need to make this Christmas decoration?
- Biologica (one of the most loved wool yarns by our customers, made up of 70% organic wool and 30% alpaca, of which you can find more information here) in two colors: White and Green Musk. But the choice of colors is all yours, you can choose between the 23 colors available to date!
- Starlight Yarn, available in 6 colors
- 4 mm (G6 US) and 5 mm (H8 US) crochet hooks – you can find our Maplewood hooks
- Toy Stuffing
Which stitches are used?
The pattern level is easy, so so it’s really suitable for everyone, you only need to know the basic stitches!
- Chain Stitch – if you want a review of the slip knot and chain, I refer you to this posts
- Slip Stitch – go to this video to refresh your memory!
- Single Crochet (UK Double Crochet) – for an easy and quick tutorial, go to our Crazy Crochet Tutorial
- Half Double Crochet (UK Half Treble Crochet)
- Double Crochet (UK Treble Crochet) – watch our video on Youtube
Free Pattern to make a Christmas decoration: Xmas Tree
Now that you have procured the materials, you just have to download here the Free Pattern: you will find all the steps, clearly indicated.
Once you have finished with the first part, and then you have made the two sides of the tree, you have to assembly them and to stuff your Christmas decoration with toy stuffing.
With the lamé yarn, for further finishing, make a star to put on the top of the tree, and a chain for hanging your Christmas decoration in your home’s favorite corners!
Here is your Christmas crochet decoration!
If you would like more information on this yarn, on this project, or on any of our other products, do not hesitate to contact us: leaving a comment below or through the contact form on our site! And if you like this pattern, take a picture and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #bettaknit or #ilovebettaknit!